Want more information about our affiliate program, email us today… [email protected]
To help you along, we’ve summarized a few of the key Do’s and Don’ts below but for detailed information read the Affiliate Program Terms.
- Create SEO friendly blog posts or a guest blog to write about an area of interest that is related to the service you’re marketing.
- Use your site or a social service to feature an item, using your referral link. This could be a post, a sidebar widget, or a tweet on Twitter.
- Use our targeted banner ads. You can download each of the banners in the “creatives” section of your affiliate area once you’ve registered.
- Promote limited time discounts that we run on Avada Theme VPS Hosting.
- Design a page or site that is unique in design and isn’t going to confuse anyone about your purpose as an affiliate.
- Link from any whelk.ca page while adding your referral ID or from any section of the site in order to gain referrals.
- Confuse consumers through the design of your site by copying our site design or using our logos other than the prescribed affiliate banners which you can find in your personalized affiliate area once you’ve been approved.
- Use the WHELK brand, trademarks and intellectual property other than the supplied banner ads approved by WHELK and made available in your personal affiliate area.
- Purchase a domain name, search engine keyword or pay-per-click advertisement that uses any WHELK trademarks or variations and mis-spellings.
- Copy item descriptions (unless you raise a support ticket and get consent from us); Send unsolicited email or other messaging that in any way may constitute spam.
- Do anything that would amount to a breach of any laws including, but not limited to, privacy, intellectual property, and spam. Engage in any conduct that does not meet our standards of ‘fair play’ including things like fraud, confusing the new user, or providing a link designed to mislead the customer.
Welcome to our Digital Forest
1. Hi, we’re WHELK. It’s nice to meet you and we’re really happy you’re interested in referring our Avada Theme VPS Hosting to your clients and friends.
2. We offer a great opportunity to earn some passive income simply by referring Avada Theme users to any of our Concierge Level VPS Hosting Packages. When a new user clicks your referral link, signs up for a hosting account and purchases a 12-month hosting package, you will receive a $100 CAD referral payment for that person’s first-year term. If that’s something you find interesting and that adds value to your existing Avada Theme offer, read on to find out how our affiliate program works.
3. By reading the information below, you understand and accept our hosting affiliate terms and conditions. Furthermore, you’ve accepted our general terms and conditions. These additional terms cover our Affiliate Program and apply specifically to all WHELK affiliates who refer new users to our sites hosting products and services.
4. When we talk about ‘you‘ in our Affiliate Program Terms we are referring to you, the affiliate. All other words defined or explained in our terms and conditions also have the same meaning. If there’s any inconsistency between what we say in these Affiliate Program terms and what is in our general terms and conditions, what is said in these Affiliate Program terms takes precedent.
5. Understand your responsibilities, how the WHELK affiliate program works and what the process of earning a referral income with us is all about.
Becoming an Affiliate
6. All individuals and or companies can act as affiliates by following the steps outlined in these terms. Bear in mind that if you want to participate in the WHELK Affiliate Program there are few things you’ll need to know, as explained below.
How it works
7. Refer new users to any of our Avada Theme Specific VPS Hosting and you’ll receive a $100 CAD referral payment to you on their first purchase of any WHELK VPS Hosting package.
8. Referral code: Every member automatically has a referral code which is generated at signup. This referral code is available in your affiliate area once you’re approved.
9. Simply paste a link or image button on your site using that code. If a new user clicks your referrer link and proceeds to sign up an account and purchase one of our hosting packages, you will receive $100 CAD of that person’s first purchase.
10. Referral program percentage or fixed amount: The earnings you will get for successfully participating in the Affiliate Program are paid as a flat amount and do not represent a percentage of the sale.
11. More details: Here are a few important points about how our affiliate program works:
- If a person doesn’t allow cookies or clears their cookies then we can’t track them so can’t pay earnings on that person’s activity.
- If a person clicks on your referral link and then later they click on someone else’s, the later is the one that counts.
- A user referred via your referral link CAN BE you or CAN ALSO BE related to you or your business or company. You can use your referral ID to sign up your customers under your ID/name without a problem. Working with ten clients at the moment? Here’s your chance to make an extra $1000 dollars this year!
- If a person clicks a link, they have three months before the cookie expires. If they sign-up and make a purchase within that time, we will pay your Affiliate Program earnings. After 3 months (90 days), no Affiliate Program earnings apply.
- Earnings appear in your affiliate area payouts. (find out about withdrawing earnings in the next section).
- Above all, use of the WHELK Affiliate Program is subject to a fair use policy which gives WHELK the right to review each and every referral.
How do payments for referral income work? Earnings payment:
12. WHELK will pay your Affiliate Program earnings from the Affiliate Program in line with the amounts listed on your payouts tab. In order for us to do this, you authorize us to collect payments for your new user referrals, to credit your affiliate account with your earnings, and to distribute your earnings to you.
13. To avoid any confusion, only your earnings from referrals will be payable to you.
14. Thresholds: We’ll make payments of your earnings every three months, based on current payout amount listed in your affiliate area at the date of payment.
15. Earnings payment timing and methods:
- Payments of your earnings will be paid out quarterly every three months. Unless we decide to pay you your earnings in a shorter amount of time, we will continue to pay your earnings in this manner.
- When we get a request for payment, we will pay you your earnings at the next payment of earnings pay cycle, which means the upcoming quarter.
- You must provide us with the correct email details as we only pay via a valid PayPal account.
- You must bear all expenses incurred by us in paying monies to you.
16. Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
- we do not have the correct payment details;
- we can’t contact you using the contact details that you have supplied;
- you have not made a request for payment, or
- you are asking for payment to be made to a person, or to an institution that we’re prohibited from making payments to at law or where there are limitations in the banking systems;
17. Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as an affiliate, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from CAD dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
18. Taxes. You are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your referrals and referral payments we make to you wherever levied. Despite this, if required by law, we may deduct or withhold taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an affiliate. If so, we will give you relevant documentation that’s required by law about the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
19. Refunds and chargebacks: If a transaction on one of the relating sales linked to your Affiliate Program earnings is subject to a refund or chargeback, we can at our discretion, withhold that portion of your Affiliate Program earnings.
Things you should avoid:
20. You may not refer users to:
- confusing them (or potentially confusing them) about whether your site is operated or endorsed by us (for example, by copying design elements from our site);
- any use of whelk brands, trademarks, and intellectual property, other than banner ads made available for WHELK affiliates
- purchasing a domain name, search engine keyword or pay-per-click advertisement that use any WHELK trademarks or variations and mis-spellings;
- copying item descriptions (unless you raise a support ticket and get consent from us);
- sending unsolicited email or other messaging that in any way may constitute spam;
- doing anything that would amount to a breach of any laws including, but not limited to, privacy, intellectual property, and spam;
- doing anything that might be confusing, misleading or deceptive to users (eg referring from a site that might be confusing to users about whether it is a WHELK site);
- doing anything that is directly or indirectly in contravention of these Affiliate Program terms, whelk Terms, or any direction given to you by us; or
- engaging in any conduct that does not meet our standards of ‘fair play’ at our discretion including things like fraud, confusing the new user, or providing a link designed to mislead the customer.
21. We reserve the right to decide whether or not your use of the Affiliate Program complies with any applicable laws and/or these Affiliate Program terms or WHELK general terms and conditions. If we decide that your participation in the Affiliate Program does not comply, we can base on our reasonable discretion withhold your earnings and may disable your account.
22. We will make the final decision about whether or not your use of the Affiliate Program is in breach of any applicable laws or these Affiliate Program Terms (acting reasonably, of course).
Ready? Get your customers onto the best VPS Hosting Platform for Avada Theme – Start Referring Now!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document. You can head over to the referral signup area where you can generate your personal referral code.
We wish you all the very best. You can always re-visit these Affiliate Program terms and the WHELK terms and conditions in future. If you have any questions, email us at [email protected]
Effective: February 26, 2018.